Thursday, June 19, 2008

Touring the Lakeside Villages



I think my favorite part about living in Patzcuaro is having the incredible opportunity to explore the Purepecha Artisan Villages around Lake Patzucaro. It's truly a gift. The local people are so talented and it's amazing how friendly and open they seem to be with foreigners such as myself.

Local tours guides Francisco and Miguel Angel from Eronga were the first ones to take me to the villages and since then I've taken other friends, groups and tourists around. Every time I go I learn something new, see something I've never seen before, connect on a level that I couldn't have imagined.

I still enjoy nothing more than taking groups around and my colleague and friend Leticia is starting her own tour company called Patzcuaro Tours to give even more tourists and visitors the opportunity to "see the real Mexico."

4 comments:

Happytracks said...

Hi Michelle,
I just found your website. I am thinking of moving to Mexico soon. I am looking at Patzcuaro. I visited there in 2003 and really loved the area. What are the chances of employment for a retired former teacher? Is there any call for teachers of English as a Second Language there? I taught elementary school for many years in the US. I have some income, but would need more to live there. I am currently the activities director for a private school here in the US.Could there be any hope of an import export type business there, maybe using the goods made by the populace of the Lakeside villages?
thanks for your help,
Lynn

Heather said...

Michelle, how are you? I mentioned to Joe Coyle recently that we had vacationed in Mexico this summer (Los Cabos) and he mentioned that you live in Mexico. How is everything going? Can I have an invite to your Memoirs blog? We live in Raleigh -- Geoff and I are both lawyers (which can suck sometimes). Our son, Davis, just turned 5 and is a lot of fun. Let me know what you are up to. Heather Adams (Bell) hadams@smithlaw.com

Anonymous said...

YH
批發

seo

網路行銷

Anonymous said...

YU
情趣用品

提供上千種成人商品線上購物服務--專營情趣商品、男女自慰用品、性感睡衣、情趣用品批發、自慰套、SM商品、逼真情趣娃娃、跳蛋、按摩棒、同志用品、TENGA飛機杯..,可線上刷卡及貨到付款。 ... 收到的東西會有情趣用品的字樣嗎? 轉帳之後,如何通知這筆款項是我付的
導航

a片
a片
a片
a片
a片
a片